Thursday, September 04, 2008

and that is why i stay within the city limits ...

Had to head to Clayton to sign up for the IELTS test as the testing center in the city is booked out till November. Dahlah i suck at reading maps, taking public transportation to get to anything beyond the city limits is a total blur to me. I googled Monash campus online (not very good - they tell u to take the Pakenhem/Cranbourne/Dandenong line to Huntingdale but fail to mention which bus number to take after!), i called the Monash Office and the very nice person on the phone told me to check the internet when i asked for directions, o and may i add she suggested to 'go find an internet cafe and look it up' AFTER i mentioned i was actually in the city planning to head there immediately. Seriously, how hard is it to give directions! Grrrrrrrr!

Thankfully i met my aunt at Glen Waverley and she took Mum and i to the Clayton campus. I had no idea how big the campus was! There we were trying to find Building 73 on Wellington Road only to find that it wasnt actually ON Wellington Road ... not technically anyways. Thank goodness for the nice man at ... Security and Traffic (?!?) gave directions and a map! Yeah, then i acted like i knew how to read the map but i was actually reciting what he told me to my aunt ... :P

And don't get me started at the very 'capable' staff at the English Language Center at Monash. The woman couldn't tell me everything in one go ... made me q like 3 bloody times coz i :
a) didn't fill in the dates - which i asked her and wanted to fill there and then but was told to shove aside
b) fill in a Monash form that she didn't hand to me in the first place
c) didn't approve my pictures which if she told me initially i could have gone and done like an hour ago ?!?

But i did manage to head to the Monash student center and its like 10 x ... ok maybe not like 10 x exactly but it is sooooo big. Its probably like 3 or 4 of Union Hse and i think its possible to get lost in there. So many left and right turns! Very exciting tho seeing so many food at every corner. :P

When everything was finally done, we headed over to the Dandenongs so my aunt could get her scones and we could show Mum around. We had lunch + tea all within one go! :D Mum and i had fish n chips while my aunt had quiche. We then followed with scones and Belgian waffles. Too hungry to take any photos and was too busy stuffing myself silly. At least the food made up for the not-so-nice morning.

Ok, thats all for my rambling tonight. Next post will be on Wicked which was wickedly wicked! *toss, toss, hahahhaha* -> im practicing. AND can i just say how good was the first episode for the second season of Gossip Girl? I'll take Chuck even if he can say those 3 words, 8 letters. :D

No comments: